Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Color and inspiration: Living room.

I apparently love to pick out paint colors and work on color schemes for rooms. Who knew I would have so much fun doing this. Who knew its also one of the hardest things to do?! I have several paint sample card things in my purse at all times. It takes me a very long time to settle on a color. I finally picked a color for all the trim in the house, this is after I had already decided, went to home depot and saw the color underneath their lights... gross, changed mind. Behr Polar Bear is the color for the trim. It's white without being too white, but it doesn't look like a dirty white either. I thought I decided on the gray for the dining room, but after I bought a sample and painted part of a wall, I hate it. Square one. The living room inspiration came after we got the couch and chair. I was going to put of a print the I have framed and that's when I realized it matched the couch. What looks black in the print is actually dark blue. So I took advantage of the color scheme and went out and bought mustard colored pillows and a throw. Now I want to get the lightest of the three blues in a paint and paint the walls that color along with the color of the out margin, the color of the actual paper. I have even bought gray spray paint to paint all of the pots for the plants. I bought bigger clay pots for them to since they are getting larger.

I snapped a picture of the print I am talking about. I hope you can see the color well




No comments:

Post a Comment